When you host a Palms Together Day event, you’ll be realising our vision of people coming together to achieve a just, sustainable, interdependent and peaceful world, free of poverty. By raising funds, spreading awareness and celebrating diversity, you’ll be helping create sustainable change in some of the poorest, most isolated communities in the world.
Below are some useful tips for successfully hosting your event:
- Register your event: Let Palms Australia know that you are planning on hosting an event. Not only will it help us get a better idea of how many people are getting involved, but we’ll be able to provide you with the support you need to make sure your event is a success.
- Decide on your event: Whether it’s a morning tea at work, a picnic with friends or a community event, make sure you decide on an event that you can realistically manage. No event is too big or small! View our event ideas here.
- Spread the word: Once you’ve decided on an event, make sure everyone knows about it! Invite your friends/colleagues/community via email (you can download invitation templates here), create a Facebook event, or pick up the phone and give them a call.
- Fundraise in advance: Get the ball rolling by fundraising in the leadup to the event. You could add a link to our donation page in your invitations and ask people to make a donation before the event, or even collect donations in person if you’re holding a workplace event. If you’d like guests to support a single project, let us know and we’ll send you some tailor made flyers.
- Coordinate menus: Ask your invitees to specify what kind of dish they’ll be bringing when they RSVP. This way you’ll have an idea of what will be covered. Consider allocating mains/sides/desserts to different attendees.
- Make it easy to donate: Consider asking attendees to provide a flat fee upon entry. Use the printable labels on our resources page to create a jar or bucket for attendees to leave their donation.
- Share your photos with us: We want to see you what you get up to! Be sure to take lots of photos on the day and tag them with #PalmsTogether2019. You can also email your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any more information on how Palms can support you in hosting your event, contact Robert at email@example.com.