Setting out on a one or two (or three) year placement abroad is a big commitment. We understand that there are many Palms supporters who can’t make this commitment right now or are waiting for an opportunity that meets their skills. That’s why we welcome volunteers to support our activities at home in Australia.
Volunteer in our Sydney Office
As a small team, we are always excited to welcome those with skills and time to share to help us in our Petersham office. For more information, fill out the form on this page or call 02 9560 5333.
Meet a couple of our volunteers
David has been volunteering in the office for a few years now. He helps with data entry, proof-reading, odd jobs – really whatever is needed. He feels,
“the beauty of being retired and a volunteer is that I set my own pace, conditions, even salary (zero of course).”
Phultusi started volunteering about a year ago primarily helping to promote our requests from global communities for qualified Australians. She has appreciated the opportunity to learn many things and mentioned that,
“everyone is very helpful, it’s a nice friendly environment which makes me comfortable .”
Other ways to help in Australia
- Make a donationor purchase an e-card from Palms Gift Shop.
- Connect your Australian community with an overseas community.
- Form a corporate partnership in support of one of our current projects.
- Have a say in shaping our development program by becoming a member.
- Host a Palms Together Day – Get social with a fundraising event in support of a Palms project. You can choose to contribute to a project that matters to you or let us share your donations to the project that needs it the most. We can provide you with posters and promotional material, even some product from the Fair Trade Coffee Company for a raffle or door prize.
- Represent Palms in your community – Have a community event coming up? Paint the town purple by hosting a stall or sharing Palms’ projects in flyers and posters. We can support you in preparing for the event and make sure you have the materials you need. Contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participate in an event – We love meeting our supporters in person and attending an event is a fantastic way to meet people like you who are committed to creating a world without poverty.
- Follow us – Share Palms’ message on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linked In so you never miss what’s happening.
- Purchase delicious Fairtrade and organic coffee from The Fair Trade Coffee Company.
Your support enables Palms to reach more people every day. We have plenty of resources to share.