Our newest experience takes travellers on an intimate journey along the Thai-Burma border and into remote communities of Myanmar. On the 12 day journey, you will visit community development projects that improve the education, health and employment opportunities of communities in Mae Sot in Thailand and Myeik and Pathein in Myanmar.
- Expert guide
- All transport between Bangkok and Yangon
- Travel insurance for the duration of the tour
- Entry to museums and activities
- Visa for Myanmar
Our tour starts in Bangkok, Thailand and ends in Yangon, Myanmar. Guests can enjoy the Encounter as an independent travel experience or as part of a longer adventure visiting other cities and cultures in South East Asia.
Palms Encounters are designed in coordination with local staff to craft the most enriching experience for our travellers while ensuring a positive experience for the staff and students of our host organisations. Guests will be sent a detailed itinerary closer to the tour dates.
We are pleased to be able to deliver this exciting new travel opportunity and places are strictly limited to just 8 guests. Reserve your place today or call Robert for more information on 02 9560 5333.
* Travellers will be required to complete the following at their own expense. Please note, some of these may take time to process and this should be started as soon as possible after the tour is confirmed.
- Flights to Bangkok and from Yangon.
- Medical approval for travel to Thailand and Myanmar, including to remote areas
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
Read our complete Terms and Conditions for more information and get in touch with Palms if you have any questions.