It’s almost time for the team here at Palms Australia to shut down their computers, turn off the lights and say goodbye to the office for 2017 before a week of well-earned rest. But before we do, we wanted to take a moment to look back on what we’ve accomplished this year thanks to the incredible support of our donors, volunteers and members.
We’re proud to say that in 2017, our supporters helped us:
- Raise $968,543.11 in donations
- Place 20 sustainable development volunteers in 8 countries
- Support 20 grassroots community projects
- Provide 2370 days of teacher training and mentoring
- Provide 547 days of primary health services
- Provide 3285 days of training and mentoring in administration, trades and agriculture
- Provide $1.5m worth of expertise in remote, developing communities
- Facilitate 9 days of pre-departure training for volunteers
- Sell 76 kilos of Fairtrade coffee to raise funds for volunteer placements
- Take 14 people on 2 life-changing Encounters to Timor-Leste
- Launch a new website
- Hold 10 information sessions across Australia
With your continued support, here’s a taste of what we have in store for 2018:
- 38 volunteer opportunities in Myanmar, Timor-Leste, Kenya, Ethiopia, Papua New Guinea, Kiribati, Samoa and American Samoa
- A new, refreshed logo (our last redesign was in 1998!)
- A new, interactive and flexible way to get involved in volunteer information sessions
- Life-changing Encounters to Timor-Leste, Samoa and Myanmar
As usual, we’ve worked hard this year to continue to provide our partner communities with sustainable solutions to poverty. As your support (whether it be through donations, volunteering, membership or even just spreading the word) continues, we hope to achieve even more in 2018.
Just, sustainable, and peaceful development is not achievable without the generosity of people like you.