Position: Youth Development Officer
Length of placement: 1 year
Start Date: July 2011
Youth Development Officer
- Design and promote programs for young people in rural communities
- Contribute to and participate in personal and social development activities in and out of school
- Community Outreach – Health / Hygiene campaigns and counselling
- Plan & organise fundraising activities and train others in their organisation
- Assist in developing/creating ways to make the project self-sufficient
- Counselling and Career Guidance talks
Minimum 12-month placement.
We provide pre-departure preparation, flights, accommodation, a basic living allowance, personal and professional support during placement and re-entry assistance on return home. Applicants will need to attend an orientation course prior to placement.
For more information about positions with Palms Australia, please complete our enquiry form below.
Volunteer Enquiry Form
All fields marked with * are required.
Complete this form and we will send you more information about volunteering.