Position: Livestock and Farming Advisor
Length of placement: 1 year
Start Date: July 2011
Livestock and Farming advisor required for volunteer placement to help a technical agricultural school establish a system utilising available land and other resources
- provide planning advice to school director and other school stakeholders to manage the land and livestock resources as a productive farm
- introduce techniques to plan, achieve and monitor performance
- complete an inventory of school farm resources
- meet with agriculture teachers to plan and coordinate practical projects for students and monitor results
- evaluate and recommend structure of incentives for teachers, students and school in producing, demonstrating and sharing good agricultural practices
- create links with Ministry of Agriculture, Fishers departments, other agricultural schools and other stakeholders
- suggest links with neighbouring communities
Minimum 12-month placement.
We provide pre-departure preparation, flights, accommodation, a basic living allowance, personal and professional support during placement and re-entry assistance on return home. Applicants will need to attend an orientation course prior to placement.
For more information about positions with Palms Australia, please complete our enquiry form below.
Volunteer Enquiry Form
All fields marked with * are required.
Complete this form and we will send you more information about volunteering.