We are seeking applicants for the position of Marketing and Fundraising Officer to work in our Glebe office.
- Meet or exceed agreed income targets from current and prospective donors and commercial clients.
- Develop a deep understanding of Palms’ work and various engagement opportunities across the organisation and tailor these to each donor/client in a supporter-centric manner.
- Deliver an exceptional level of supporter satisfaction through prompt and tailored levels of service.
- Prepare an annual work plan to ensure a planned, strategic approach to account management and achievement of income growth in line with annually agreed targets, objectives and activities.
- Ensure budget settings reflect current and future expectations of income from donors and clients
- Implement and monitor a regular program of personal visits to current and potential donors/clients
- Liaise and coordinate with program staff and senior management, to improve and develop the relationship key donors/clients have with Palms.
- Research and produce profiles on individuals and organisations to better identify significant high level gift, and income for service prospects
- Organise and host targeted functions as appropriate to foster agency commitment from current and potential key supporters
- Maintain accurate records of key donor/client activities
- Undertake evaluation of strategies including providing quarterly qualitative and quantitative reports to the Community Relations Coordinator
- Liaise with other staff in the office to ensure compliance with local procedures and operating agreements including active participation in office staff meetings
- Other related duties as delegated by the Executive Director
Knowledge & Experience You will have at least three of the following:
- Experience in fundraising and/or sales
- Proven ability to meet or exceed fundraising/sales targets
- Experience in planning and coordinating functions and/or events
- Track record of personally securing gifts/sales via direct solicitation
Skills & Personal Attributes
Essential Skills – skills of a high order are required in the following areas:
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly organised with good time management skills
- Negotiation and objection handling skills
- Attention to detail
- Database record management skills
- Financial numeracy, including budgeting and financial management
- Computer literacy particularly MS Excel, Access internet and e-mail usage
- Confident and motivated
- Persuasive and persistent
- Capable of interacting with a wide range of people
- Well presented
- Ability to work independently and from a distance as part of a national team
- Ability to work flexible hours inclusive of some evenings and weekends
- Commitment to Palms Australia’s vision, mission, and development philosophy
- Generous salary packaging with tax exempt fringe benefits
- Performance based options to be negotiated
Enquiries and Applications with CV should be made to Executive Director, Roger O’Halloran by June 10, 2013.
Phone: 02 9518 9551