Feeling daunted about hosting a Palms Polycultural Pentecost Party? We’re here to help! Here are a few easy tips to make things happen.
1. Let Palms know that you are having a party
You nominate the date, time and place and we will prepare a personalised invitation for you to send to your family and friend
2. Email the invitation to your family and friends
If you are comfortable, ask them to bring a friend or two! A bigger party could even exceed your donation target
3. Be creative
For guests who don’t have a favourite of their own cultural food, here are some fast and easy recipes that can be forwarded to them-
4. Promote your event through your social media
For family and friends who cannot make it, explain to them how a donation in lieu will assist Palms to support a volunteer and host community for six months.
On the day
Decorate your home, work or church hall with Palms Posters and cultural crafts and artefacts
Put on some Pacific or African music to create the mood.
Welcome the guests, thank them for any plates of food they bring and encourage them to buy some food vouchers
Kick off the event. Encourage guests to share the meaning of the dishes they prepared
After the event
1. Bank the donation
We can provide donation receipt if you can let us know donation amounts and contact details (full name, address, email and phone no.)
2. Share your photos with us
What else will Palms provide?
- Beautiful concertina cards that succinctly explain Palms various works and their contact details. These look great standing on a table and will answer all questions guests might have about Palms program. We’ll send one for each guest so they can take them home.
- Donation envelopes
- Links to Pacific or African music
- Food Vouchers