As a reminder of why you should support Palms, we publish again our 10 great reasons to support Palms Australia.
Ten Great Reasons to Support Palms Volunteers
- Poverty Reduction – Long-term poverty reduction comes from “sustainable” development and capacity building, not just handouts. Volunteer sending is an innovative approach to development and overseas aid.
- Empowerment & Self-Determination – By encouraging skills exchange and training of local people, overseas communities are empowered to take sustainable development into their own hands.
- People & Relationships – Volunteer sending is more than just an approach to development. It is about engaging and linking people across cultures and fostering long-term relationships.
- Community Links – Through our extensive community development program we ensure that everyone benefits from our increased awareness and cross-cultural understanding.
- Value for Money – The average placement costs just $18,000 per year. The value of their contribution is at least worth their Australian wage forgone, approximately $65,000. We send $65,000 worth of volunteer value for $18,000.
- Training – Preparation and support is an important part of the Global Volunteer program. Our comprehensive preparation program ensures participants are prepared for their cross-cultural placement, making their work more effective.
- Support Fellow Australians – You are helping Australians to help others by sharing their skills and knowledge with communities in need.
- Put Your Money Where It Matters To You – No matter what your passion is – we support it too! Whether you belive in environmental, sustainable development or improvements in education and health – you can contribute by supporting a Global Volunteer to work in that field.
- Contributing to Australia – Your money goes overseas – and benefits come back! You will support Australians to work with communities in need overseas, but then they will come home to contribute their new skills and understanding with the Australian community.
- Tax-deductible – All donations over $2 to Palms Overseas Fund are tax-deductible.